2.25.2016

Cambridge Exams. Preliminary English Test. Example writing.


This is a part of a letter you receive from an English friend: "I know you often go to the cinema. Tell me about the last film you saw and whether you enjoyed it". Write a letter to your friend:

Dear Ricardo,

I write you about the last film I've seen. I went to the cinema two weeks ago. I saw "Palm trees in the snow” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Trees_in_the_Snow). The film is about a love history between a Spanish boy and a Guinean girl in 1954, when Guinea Ecuatorial was part of Spain and some Spanish went to Guinea Ecuatorial to work growing cocoa.

Before this period of time, Spanish civil war had finished, and a lof of Spanish were unemployed and were poor. They left the north of Spain and traveled to Guinea Ecuatorial. You can see in the film the exploitation of black people form Europeans.

The lovers had to suffer some troubles about the cultural difference.

Finally, the Guineans reclaimed their Independence, the Spanish had to return, and the lovers were separated.

I've though the Europeans exploited Africa, and this was the reason why the countries reclaimed their Independence.

No hay comentarios: